Architect / Intern Architect
Joe Newell Architect Inc. is seeking an experienced Architect or Intern Architect to join our team in our beautiful location in Victoria, BC. We are an award-winning firm that offers services in new design, affordable & special needs housing, multi-residential, institutional, commercial and interior design.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience with Working Drawings and Construction Documents.
- Vectorworks experience preferred.
- Good knowledge of the British Columbia Building Code, Building Envelope and familiarity with the Victoria area municipal Zoning Bylaws.
- Good knowledge of wood frame construction.
- Experience working with a Mac computer platform.
- Ability to clearly communicate with clients, consultants and Municipal staff.
- Must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task, and to meet deadlines.
- A team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to team members and clients.
- Position is best suited for an Architect seeking a long-term position.
- Extended Health & Dental Benefits offered.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and PDF samples of your work with the subject ‘Architect position’ to firstname.lastname@example.org