Margaret Newell, Architect.AIBC, LEED AP, B. Arch., Dip.Arch.
- Bachelor of Architecture with Honours, 1987 - Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Architecture, 1988 - Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Registered with Architects Registration Council of the U.K., 1989
- Member of the Architectural Institute of British Columbia, 1993
- Joe Newell Architect Inc. (Architect), 2007-Present - Victoria, BC
- The Jensen Group Architects Inc. (Architect), 2001-2004 - Victoria, BC
- Vic Davies Architect Inc. (Architect), 1999-2001 - Victoria, BC
- Eric Barker Architect Inc. (Architect / Intern Architect), 1992-1998 - Victoria, BC
- The Stillman Eastwick-Field Partnership (Architect / Intern Architect), 1988-1992 - London, England, UK
- Richard Sly Architects Inc. (Intern Architect), 1988 - Vermillion, Ohio, USA
- M.A.P. Architects and Engineers (Intern Architect), 1985-1986 - Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Margaret graduated from the Architecture program at Heriot Watt University / Edinburgh College of Art in Scotland in 1988 and since then has been involved in a variety of institutional, commercial and residential projects in Scotland, England and North America.
Since arriving in Victoria in 1992 projects have included; University of Victoria Commonwealth Games Athletes' Village (Lam Family Student Housing), University of Victoria 'Ring Road' Bed Students' Residence, Bank of Montreal branches across the Island, various Aquatic Centers (including Aspen, Colarado, USA and Aberdeen, Washington, USA), Island Farms Cold Storage Facilities, Mount St. Mary Hospital Interiors, Broadmead Dementia Lodge, The Hillside Seniors' Health Center, and social housing for both the Victoria Cool aid Society and the M'Akola Housing Society.
In each of her projects, Margaret has encouraged the participatory nature of the design process, working with the owner and / or end user to provide a tailor solution to their specific requirements.